It's been a fun but busy week. K went to school every day for half days and O went to his new day care. K loves school. O seems to be fine at day care but at night he has been restless which means he does really have to get used to the new situation (very understandable of course).
After school K and I walk home...have lunch together...chill a bit...and then we play together. Lego and memory game have been his favorite 'play with mom' activities this week. I treasure these moments together.
As of next week O and I will have Friday mornings together while K is at school. I am looking forward to these mornings. I have loads of ideas of things we can do together. I want to start a few bigger discovery boxes. We haven't done those in a while...as O is a bit messy compared to K. :-) no unsupervised playing with colored rice or cloud sand for O! :-)
Love is in the air! Valentines day is coming up...so it was time to start our Valentine gifts. We invited a few friends over to join us.
Our inspiration came from The chocolate muffin tree , teaching 2 and 3 year olds and Happy Hooligans.
Nikita , Yvana and Branwen came over and we all had fun making bubble paintings, marbleized hearts and stars...and the kids made their own play dough!
We have made play dough many times...but due to the hot water I had been doing the most part. But with Happy Hooligans recipe...the kids can do it themselves. The clay is a bit different but works just fine.
Recipe:
120 ml hair conditioner
240 gr flour
2 tea spoons oil
Food coloring.
Just mix it up and knead by hand.
As you know we go for the process not the end product :-)
It did not take long for K to start experimenting and go his own way ... For me it was so much fun to listen to the kids talk about what they were seeing, feeling and smelling. How the color of the clay changed, that the bubbles needed more paint to make better prints etc. It was a fun afternoon.
K was wondering what would happen if he pressed down the towel with his chop stick...conclusion: it gets wet.
How much do all the bowls weigh together? He noticed that the marker moved up when he added something and down when he removed it. ...also he liked stacking things up ...towers!







No comments:
Post a Comment